Saturday, March 30, 2013

1st Special Egg Event at Drake Stadium

The very first Special Egg Event took place on March 30, 2013. I was thrilled when I was invited to be a guest of such a wonderful and memorable event. The Special Egg Event is an Easter egg hunt for children with special needs. Journey Church put the entire event together. I was amazed by all the volunteers, businesses, families that lent a helping hand from the goodness of their hearts to make this event possible. I looked around and saw so many smiling faces. As I talked to the children, I could hear the excitement in their sweet voices as they told me they were going on a Easter Egg hunt! Next to me were games for the children to play and across from me was the Easter bunny. I was overwhelmed with happiness as I watched each child laugh and play with their friends and family. It was a joyful day. Children with wheelchairs could pick up an egg with a magnetic pole, children that were visually impaired or blind could find eggs from the sound of a beeper inside each egg, Autistic children had a "quiet hunt" away from loud noises. The Special Egg Event said they were honored to have me there but honestly I am honored that I could be there to meet so many amazing families and witness such wonderful memories....  Each child was a blessing and beautiful in his/her own way and I felt honored to hug them, shake their hands and learn their names. I want to thank everyone at Journey Church and Derian Baugh for inviting me to an Easter event I will never ever forget. It was incredible.


Check out the Special Egg Event clip made by JourneyDSM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzRKCE-3idM&feature=youtu.be






1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    Thanks for sharing this post! You're welcome back to the Special Egg Event anytime! :)

    Sincerely,
    Derian

    ReplyDelete