Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Meeting with Governor Branstad at the Iowa State Capital

I had the great opportunity to meet with our Governor, Terry Branstad at the Iowa State Capital. Our meeting took place in his formal office along with his secretary. My hubby sat beside me as well. I told Governor Branstad about my plan to bring forth more "Girls on the Run" programs to elementary schools throughout Iowa. Branstad is making an effort to make Iowa the "healthiest state." Girls on the Run would help this initiative and teach young girls lifelong health and fitness while also building their self confidence. He was very supportive of the program and believes this would be a great asset to more community's in Iowa. It was quite an honorable moment to meet the Governor in our beautiful capital building. I am confident we can make Iowa the healthiest state! 







No comments:

Post a Comment